Saturday, February 19, 2011

Success...what a dumb word.

I was asked if I felt I was successful...

I feel I am "successful" even in "failure." Isn't what we measure our success by all a matter of how we, our selves, choose to think about it? I can choose to do a lot of things. I have made a lot of choices. They say that with every choice comes a consequence, but why is it that consequence sounds like a bad thing? It seems our society emphasizes the bad effects of bad decisions, but never the good ones. What about the only okay ones. And then why if something is "bad" do we say everything happens for a reason.

So here I am in my life. I have a wonderful boyfriend whom I know loves me very much and tries always to help me be happy and who loves to share our happinesses together. And I feel that our relationship is "successful." But what an almost dumb question to ask someone. "Do you feel you are successful in life?" I believe that having a successful life is finding the beauty of life in the journey of each of my days instead of all the different destination I wish I had reached and forgetting all the ones I have. My consequences have brought me here? Yes I tell myself... And even though I look at my desire to learn French or race a bike... It is not to say that I will never do these things again, just that for now, they must wait.... But I will dream on. And I will always have "it". It as in happiness, success, money, or whatever society claims it be... Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment