Saturday, December 12, 2009

Bend OR CX National Championships


We left early Wednesday afternoon on our drive from Durango to Bend Oregon for the cyclocross national championships. It was an epic drive. I was in the ladies van with Shriver driving. It was nice to have some quality hours getting to know Coach Matt Shriver a little better and getting to know Magen Long. I continuously feel fortunate to be on a team with not only extreme talent, but one of beautiful individuals. Once we arrived in Bend we headed straight to the CX course for a few practice laps. It was like they had made an obstacle course over a sheet of ice and had me a in a mindset of fear of failure, but the last couple days on the course have been reassuring as the ice has turned into tacky mud. Shriver and "Balls-Out-Dip-In-Hagen" have taught me a lot about choosing lines and as I have gone around and around I feel I know the course like the back of my hand. My teammates have also shared a lot of valuable tips with me and I feel confident that I can do well and that our team can take home the gold. Seeing the girls from other schools out on the course today built a little fire with in me.... and all I can say is, "IT'S ON. Ka-Kaw!"

See more photos and follow our progress on our team website: http://cycling.fortlewis.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment