Monday, December 28, 2009

Grocery Shopping

So I am grocery shopping... I am walking up and down the isles and around the store looking at my options of what I want. Some things I know I need. What if City Market doesnt have them? Somethings I know I want. Sometimes I'm down a weird isle I never had really been on before. I could always go to another store, but I'm on my bike, I am here now and its cold and icy outside, so it is here I will shop...

I guess you could say I am also grocery shopping for options in my life. I know what I want, its the knowing what I need that is the problem. I need food, hence the grocery shopping, but what else? I swear up and down that I need cycling and I swear it still. There are so many things I could choose, so many brands that are sitting on the shelf available to me. I just have to decide "this is the one I am going to buy." Then I can use the self check out, and "Voila!" its mine to do with as I like. I have my life in a shopping bag (more like my bike bag, but hey.) If it doesnt fit in my bag its obviously too big for me to haul home.

I am one of the luckiest people I know. I am living the journey of my dreams. I feel a little shocked that I am where I am, but instead of feeling shocked, I am currently feeling loved and blessed with God given "options", name brand talents, and priceless friends and family that I could never "buy off a shelf."

No comments:

Post a Comment