Tuesday, November 22, 2011

something old.

I'm sitting at a petit table in my favorite cafe, Kafe Mercantile. It’s the cafe just around the corner from where I was raised in Ogden, Utah. It is an early sunny spring morning after a rainy spring day. The sun is more than glorious as it rises over the massive Wasatch mountains and as it shines through the windows of this French-esque coffee shop. I'm staring out of the windows in awe at the new green leaves and grass. The water droplets on them are magnified in the morning light...

Mmmm. And the coffee is so good. My favorite. The best I have ever had from anywhere. Every sip of it is a bit of motivation, and every cup is a cup of encouragement to live a great day... a great life.

I am visiting from Durango, Colorado, the place I call my new home… It’s amazing there and fresh. And here is amazing too, but old to me and has many old memories…

The café window is like a looking glass to memories… As I sit at this petit table and look through the window and out at the scene, I remember many of my memories. I cant help but remember my days in France, my travels to here and there and everywhere. I remember many little memories; my happy ones, some sad ones, and some of love…. And I day dream… of happy things… all my happy things… and how I’m happy…

1 comment:

  1. Can't you see our old house from that window? Can you see the 1973 green Ford Ranger or the little white Yugo? Is it like a movie where you can see the ghosts of who we were at that time? I remember some very good things about living in that house!

    ReplyDelete